<VV> Thermostats

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 1 01:06:14 EDT 2012

Well, I've had one or two over the years which seemed to gradually fail.  By that, I mean that the bellows were not tightly closed (like new), but they were not fully open either - let's say, they were 15% expanded.  In those cases, the door was not tightly closed (when cold), but certainly not fully open.  Maybe open 1/8 - 1/4 inch.  IIRC those stats failed within 6 months of my first noticing that slightly open condition.

As you describe your stat problem, I think that I would check again for a possible drag on the movement of the door.

Later, JR