<VV> The Chevrolet Story 1911 - 1961

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Sep 13 14:21:11 EDT 2011

Jim, I have a copy of that publication -- and a few similar ones from
other years. You can find them every once in a while at places such as
Hershey.

In 1961, Chevy still had big hopes pinned on the Corvair (at least from
a marketing and advertising standpoint, even if behind the scenes they
were at work on the Chevy II).  The Corvette, on the other hand, was at
the time only a "halo" car before the term "halo" car had been coined,
selling in small numbers and expected to sell in small numbers.

--Bob Marlow