<VV> VV Autocross Article

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 8 18:27:15 EDT 2010

It appears to me that Ron did what he was supposed to do. As someone stated here it is up to the driver to say what his/her car has for modifications, if any. Ron did that. He said he had a big bore engine. And, yes, his '62 Monza is stock except for the engine. I know the car well. He said it was his first autocross. The person doing the classifying should have properly placed the vehicle.  I can't see where the problem should become Ron's, especially if he is new to autocrossing and doesn't know the classes. He told the official that his car had a big bore engine. He came out to have fun and see what his new motor would do.

Now, we have once again frustrated a very involved Corvair/CORSA fan and this bad experience here on VV has convinced him to never autocross again. If we keep it up, we can probably get the autocross participation down to the level of the Concours.

Ron, when you get the address of where to send the trophy, I will pay to send it Priority mail. I am sorry this has become so painful. At least you got to feel good about your first autocross for a little bit.

Bob Johnston

CORSA since '72

VV since Hank was young

"Message: 4