<VV> More Stubborn Lifter Woes

Steve Brennan Alohaz at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 03:22:43 EDT 2008

Today I put in 4 quarts of fresh oil, together with a bottle of Gunk Valve
Medic, and went for a drive.  Within 3 miles, things quieted down, and have
remained good since.  If nothing else, I have started the process of
removing a bit of the varnish that bested me yesterday.  Thanks to all who
provided such great advice.  I know I'm beating a dead horse, but Virtual
Vairs is an amazing asset for us newbies to the Corvair world.  I tell
everyone who asks me about my Corvair how comfortable I feel jumping into
the hobby, because I have a college of Corvair professors readily accessible
through VV.

So thanks again, and here's hoping that the next time I'm messing with that
lifter, it is as part of a full rebuild project.

Steve Brennan

1962 Spyder Coupe