<VV> RE: HB 2465 - Annual Fees & Inspections for Antiques

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Jan 12 12:40:45 EST 2007

> And who would take a $135k car to an 18 year old with 3 hours of
> experience????
>
> That 18 year old with only 3 hours could not have an inspectors license
> here in VA.
>
> Frank DuVal

Yeah, he'd be overqualified for the job.  I don't have any choice in who inspects my car.  I can't make an appointment and I can't request a particular inspector.    The fact is the inspection process is a well intentioned but horribly implemented process here in VA.  I'm sure there are some good inspectors but I haven't run across them.

Frank, you seem to like them for some reason, I think they're a worthless waste of my time that is potentially harmfull to my cars.   There are always going to be people who don't maintain their cars.  Even with the inspections I see them every day.  And with the emphasis on failing the car (to generate work) like it is here in VA, there's no safety improvement.