<VV> When i fill my gas tank on my 65 corvair

Jack Kean keanproducts at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 12 08:26:31 EDT 2007

While rare, holes in the top of the tank are not impossible.

One of the POs of my convertible must have screwed something down (fire
extinguisher?) in the trunk, directly over the fuel tank. It was long
gone before I purchased the car. I never had a problem with it, until I
filled the tank to the top and watched gas shoot out of three little
depressions into the trunk.

I bought a new tank.

That problem was solved (also found rotten overflow hose, no return hose
(68 convertible) and loose main filler hose (It's a wonder I did not
make the evening news with the car on fire).

Get this fixed now. Removing the tank is simple. Get all of the parts
from either the east or west coast vendor. They fit; without messing
around. This is one area where waiting can cause you to lose your car
(and possibly your life).

jack kean

--anyone need a serviceable used tank? It's yours for $20 + shipping
from Arlington, Texas