<VV> When i fill my gas tank on my 65 corvair

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:44:47 EDT 2007

Mike,

I just saw this less than three months back on my 65 red convertible,
restored by PO.  (I.e. no idea on tank or fuel line age.)  I filled the tank
one day and saw a big wet spot under the tank.  I looked at the hoses best I
could and didn't see a leak or dry rot.  I pulled the tank (correct, NOT
FUN!) and since the hoses looked good, I pressurized the tank with spit at
the base of the inlet and vent.  I got bubbles.   :(  A little epoxy took
car of the problem.  No troubles since.  (At least not with leaks)

Barry in SC
2 lates, 2 earlies