<VV> 1960 - 140 HP !

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 15:15:02 EDT 2006

  Hi:

  I'm visiting a friend here in Glendale, California. Her uncle (who has passed away) owned a very nice 1960 Corvair (Monza). The Engine is a 140 HP with Otto kit installed (carbs rotated 90 degrees).

  However, the block code is YR which (if I'm not mistaken) belongs to a 1963-64 Turbo-Charged. It had headers installed and the entire front suspension looks brand-new. The battery is moved upfront and the system is 12 volt.

  My question is this:

  Could the owner have used just the block from the 63-64 Spyder ? Does the Cam and Crank from a Spyder block work with 140 heads? The car runs and drives real strong (4 speed). The only thing missing are the chock rods but I'm not sure how to check and see whether the choke coils are there or not. How can I find out what year transmission is used.

  Regards,

  Tony