<VV> Re: parking brake...

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:49:17 -0400 (EDT)

> What? Vegas rust out? You must be from Michigan. Vegas are all over the  road
> here in California. Well, actually at the side of the roads, mostly. With
> their hoods up, mostly. Good Hand-brake? - I'll check it out. - Seth

As I recall, it had a flange to bolt to floor and I cut a small
rectangular slot for lever arm, then shorten the cable to fit. Also had a
nice boot.

Before my Vega rusted out, I had turboed the 4 cyl, threw it away, put in
4bbl 215 alum Olds V8, the later added a planetary gearset in tailhousing
of the saginaw 4 seed from an old sag 3 speed with OD to give a 4 spped
with 0.7 OD or 8 speed ( 1st gear, 1st gear with Od, etc etc)

frank