[V8Vairs] front susp mods

Tom Zimmermann tz145236 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 05:17:43 EDT 2012

..I'd still like to run a rack/pinion on the 65-mid(whatever) project..I'd swap the whole front subframe for one of the 3-pc weld-in units like Speedway has for $300, but haven't found the frame width that would be the closest match..I have several manual racks,a complete Mustang II subframe (that was 'widened' 2"), extra stock/NOS  and new Speedway aftermarket LCA's,both stock and (new,from Seth) dropped spindles and the stock 9 1/4" discs w/ 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern...finding someone with a 30-40's Ford,Chevy car/truck that will let me measure the frame width and track width hasn't happened yet..