[NoVa-Corvairs] Fwd: backup plan for the Ultra Van next month meeting

Stan Darke stan at dmvtees.com
Tue Jul 25 19:40:14 EDT 2017

Thinking that maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew with thinking we
can change to powerglide next month...

Wondering if it might make more sense, for now, to sort out the current
shifter and clutch situation, so that Mabel is able to be driven, and then
explore more about the PG in the future.  This weekend Bob came over and
bled the clutch- it's a little better but still an engineering disaster.
Looks like an old truck clutch pedal adapted to fit in the ultra van.  It
barely engages and to do so, you really have to stomp down on it, as the
plywood floor shifts.  And that is a undesirable thing to have to do, as
the ultra van is challenging enough to maneuver without that added stress.

Today I moved it outside and turned it around and moved it back inside.  It
runs. the dash 4speed shifter sucks.

I'm wondering, maybe I can use a more modern clutch pedal assembly work?

Maybe I can do away with the shifter/cable system and just adapt an FC
floor shifter and stick with the manual for the time being?

I've attached a couple of pictures of what people have sent me with their
manual trans. set ups, and below is a link to what I'm wondering for the
clutch pedal assembly.  Any thoughts?

http://www.cncbrakes.com/Product.aspx?grp=hcpp&subgrp=all&
series=340&subseries=
*Thanks!*

*Stan Darke*
*DMV TEES*

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OUR NEW ADDRESS!
2800 Dorr Ave
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/2800+Dorr+Ave,+Fairfax,+VA+22031/@38.8776984,-77.236609,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64b70addbac7f:0xdf7bcbc505f2e595>
Suite J
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/2800+Dorr+Ave,+Fairfax,+VA+22031/@38.8776984,-77.236609,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64b70addbac7f:0xdf7bcbc505f2e595>
Fairfax, VA 22031
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/2800+Dorr+Ave,+Fairfax,+VA+22031/@38.8776984,-77.236609,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b64b70addbac7f:0xdf7bcbc505f2e595>

*CHECK OUT OUR NEW ONLINE T-SHIRT DESIGN STUDIO!
<http://dmvtees.com/DMV_Tees/DesignStudio/Home#/artLocations>*

*WWW.DMVTEES.COM <http://WWW.DMVTEES.COM>*

*representing DC, MD, VA, and Beyond.*