[FC] help needed to restore GB steering wheel....

Hyosilver at aol.com Hyosilver at aol.com
Sat Jun 24 19:20:54 EDT 2006

I read an article once that said to use "epoxy putty".  I did, following the
instructions on how to use it, and it worked very well.  After putty and
sanding, I use Krylon spray paint because they had a color that worked perfectly.
It has held up nicely with no cracking for six years.

Epoxy putty is kind of a specialty item that you may have to go to a good
paint store to find.  I believe the advantage over Bondo is that it doesn't
shrink, and can stand the flexing stresses of a steering wheel.

Larry Hickerson
Albuquerque