BSCC- Kudos

peter cuipenski cuipenski at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 3 17:44:23 EST 2008

 It was about 30 yrs. ago,that we made a trip to Mass.,from Florida.On the way up,along in Virginia,a growling noise developed in the rear of my Greenbriar.I was able to pin point it, as a outer rear wheel bearing,takeing a dump.I made it to Mass. and knowingly had to replace it.I called Clark's asking for a wheel bearing,which they had,and asked if i could drive up to pick it up.No Way!.I was told that they were a mail order business,and no over the counter sales could be made.I explaind that it was a emergency situation,and that i would need it asap,in order to drive back to Florida,and that i did not have a week to wait for it through mail order.Again,talking to deaf ears.A friend suggested that i call a old time part's house in Westfield,Mass. BINGO,they had a New Departure N-4 bearing and machine shop service.I removed the shaft and carried it over to them.They pressed old bearing off,installed new,and i was out of there for under $40.00.If i recall,Clark's wanted about $70.00 for the bearing itself,plus shipping n' handling.Such a deal.