<VV> Surprise surprise / Carb Balance Linkage adjustment?

Matt patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 11:15:11 EST 2020

Hugo…     How do you adjust the CROSS Shaft  linkage?  You do disconnect when balancing the carbs?

Matt Nall
Sea Mountain
SW  Oregon Coast

Sent from Mail for Windows 666

From: Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs

I would do it visually. Get the butterflies opening together and
closing together. And use the good old laser thermometer to see what
each bank, and each cylinder, is doing. There are probably more
technical ways of doing it, but that's what I would do.
Going back to good old SU carbs, they have a little plunger that
enables you to lift the piston 1/16" & that lets you equalise the
mixture on each carb also, by raising or lowering the jet.