<VV> 'Power Windows' VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 191, Issue 4

jim bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 18:31:39 EST 2020

I may be not be answering exactly the question asked, but I installed power
windows in my "66 turbovert, both front and rear.  I believe I used kits
from SPAL.  They involve a gearbox that slips over the existing window crank
shaft and then via a pair of flex cables that goes to a motor and gearbox
that actually drives the window crank.  So far, they work very nicely.  To
further gild the lily, I used "period" GM power window switches instead of
the supplied ones to give the illusion of a stock install..  It looks
absolutely like a factory installation from that era.  The only complication
was the addition of a couple of relays per window to convert the switching
arrangement from the GM switch to a polarity reverse system used by the SPAL
motors.  A couple of Bosch type automotive relays per window does the trick
.  The Chinese version of the Bosch ones are only a couple of bucks
each....pretty cheap.  Pictures of the install on request.
Jim '66 Turbovert