<VV> gas heater thoughts

N2VZD n2vzd at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 20:47:22 EDT 2018

If installing a gas heater , be aware of correct gas feed setup. You must include the pressure regulator . It looks like a T fitting and is under the car near the front right side of the tunnel. one line is a return of excess gas to the tank thru a rubber T like fitting in the vent pipe on the filler. I have avoided the rubber T on several installations by drilling the vent and epoxy fastening a 3/16 tubing from there to the regulator. I would not run a extra pump , unless it is important to heat with the motor off. Even then , you would not want to run it long , the 2 blowers and a pump would drain the battery quickly. Plus you would have to put another toggle switch instead of ignition feed ?  In my 64 Spyder convert , the heater kept you warm with the top down on a cold day , but it also softened the tar on the road under the heater exhaust  if you stopped too long in a parade. The guy marching behind me stepped in it..I run gas heaters in my rampy , my 62 Lakewood Monza , but not the 64 coupe with A/C yet. I have installed them in several early vehicles over the years.Regards, Tim Colson