<VV> Old Time Corvair Mechanic

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 17 00:10:55 EDT 2016

Stock seats are fine for unleaded fuel, but tend to fall out when the
head is heated. Much more of a problem with a 140 that is typically
driven hard, but I have seen it on every horsepower Corvair engine now.
Highly recommended to get deep seats installed on any engine rebuild.
But no need to remove the heads on a good running engine. Keep driving
until it needs rebuilding, then get the good seats installed.

Frank DuVal