<VV> 140's in a PG Rampside?

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Mar 24 18:06:53 EDT 2016

You need 61cc combustion chambers with a flat topped piston or an 11 cc
dished piston with stock heads and a 50 cc combustion chamber.  That
will give you a 9:1 cr (approximately).   Stock 140 and 110 heads have
52cc combustion chambers.

  Cut the barrel seats down to the combustion chamber step and bore the
heads to 3.94" in dia and you have 39 cc combustion chambers in the
heads.   Hogging the combustion chambers to 94 mm and you have a 46 cc
combustion chamber.   The nice thing is with a little combustion chamber
work with a rotary file and you can run a 10.7:1 CR  (requires 91 octane
or above) and have more off idle torque than you could ever imagine.
This engine does require a gear drive starter as the cranking pressure
is above 180 psi (cold) with a 272 degree cam.
Jim Davis