<VV> 444 FF AC Spark Plugs

Dusty Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Tue May 12 12:02:07 EDT 2015

The spark plug numbers were designed to fit more than one brand of engine, across all manufacturers.  While I don't have specific information about the plugs that you have, it isn't unreasonable to believe that the AC spark Plug division was attempting to market these plugs to the public that was looking for a more performance oriented product.  I have seen the same type of marketing done by AC when it comes to oil filters, where they made a "performance" oil filter for some GM engines.  What the difference was between the standard production and the "performance" product, is in all probability lost to history.  You might remember the late 1960's, when GM, Ford, and Chrysler were all involved with racing, and produced products for that market that catered to both the racer and the occasional weekend wannabe racer.

Paul in CT