<VV> Welders

Ed Gilroy egilroy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:40:04 EST 2015

So I use a Miller 210, not in your stated price range but just want to say
you can not go wrong with Miller. A 130 or 165 Miller would be an excellent
110v unit for steel.

Parts availability and service are always available, even for 15 year old
machines.

If you use the machine frequently, getting spares can be a problem for off
brands, Miller compatible spares/spool guns/gun parts,etc are carried by
every welding shop in the USA. Parts availability online is outstanding.

I would watch craigslist or eBay for a good used Miller and go for it. Just
buy it local and get an agreement that you are going to have a local shop
check it for you.

Buying something else is probably going to be a bit of a letdown. If you go
to Hershey, Carlisle,  Goodguys, or Oshkosh or any other major show, the
demo trucks are always there for you to try the equipment out. this is what
sold me on my current equipment.

i have also used Lincoln and Hobart, they make fine machines too.

Now if you are interested in plasma cutting, Miller is the bomb, no one
else even comes close.

Just one guy's opinion...

Ed