<VV> lube oil contamination

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 00:21:11 EDT 2014

Jay, that is true for anything that relies on a lubricant. The good thing
is as you drive the cars and warm them up, that gear oil gets hot and the
water vaporizes pretty quickly. The trans has a cover on top that has a
vent in it for the moisture to leave. Our engines have a harder time with
moisture than the trans/diff do because water is a byproduct of combustion
that gets past the piston rings as the engine runs. That needs to be vented
overboard or recirculated back into the intake, which is what pcv valves
do.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed