<VV> Generator red dash light

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 10:13:18 EDT 2014

I gather you're using a 10SI with the internal regulator? If so, add a 20 ohm, 10 watt resistor in parallel with the lamp. Regulator operation will be way more reliable, and it'll still turn on even if the bulb burns out.

Basically, the way a 10SI should be hooked up is:
The BAT terminal should go right to the battery, preferably, or to the junction block.
#1 goes to the lamp.
#2, the voltage sense wire, goes to the junction block.

Unplug the regulator, and using a voltmeter, make sure there's battery voltage on #2, and grounding #1 will turn on the dash lamp.

John Roberts