<VV> Corvairs from above

Vairtec Corp vairtec at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 15:16:08 EDT 2014

I can endorse this idea -- with a twist.

A few years back, my local chapter went to a small airport that conducts
air shows with vintage aircraft.  We also arranged for one of the "Fly
Corvair" guys to join us.

The airport management happily asked for a drive-by parade of Corvairs
during the air show, and put me on the public address system to describe
each car as it came by.

Just as the last car passed by, the Corvair aircraft arrived, doing a
top-speed (and probably in violation of FAA rules) pass just above the
runway.  So I was able to seamlessly transition from describing the last
car in line to "and now, in the air, the Corvair powered [name of
aircraft]!"  ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM

It could not have been planned or scripted better, although it was pure
luck.

A combined car show & air show can be a cool thing.

--Bob