<VV> Other non-running Vairs

Alan Eggleston AlanE.Eggleston at scouting.org
Sun Apr 27 22:48:21 EDT 2014

I had a boat once that I couldn't really use.  I found someone who wanted a boat, and had a 73 Berry Mini-T dune buggy with a 110 Corvair engine he would trade, even though the buggy was worth twice the boat.  So I trailered the boat, and arrived at the house.  He said we would have to push it onto the trailer as it would not start.  He said he was a pit crew mechanic.  So I flipped the kill switch and tried to start it.  No go.  I went back to the rear to watch while he cranked it.  Hmmm.  I studied it, then reached in, changed the spark plug wires to the correct positions, started it up, drove onto the trailer and took it home.

Alan Eggleston