<VV> 102 engine advice

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 13:23:39 EDT 2013

 Is the 102 PG in  1962 convertible known to be a doggy combination. A friend of mine has a particularly underpowered one that has been rebuilt ( I assume correctly). He test drove my very tired  (110 PG 180K miles)  '69 coupe that has not been rebuilt and we agree the '69 is so much faster then his '62.

 We checked the dwell and timing and it is to spec, carbs go to full throttle etc. It idles very smoothly and does not burn oil. Carbs balanced etc.

 Any body have a suggestion as how to get this 102 to perform better?