<VV> Lakewood w/ K-H's at the 'Rock (was : Cheap, poor handling cars)

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Sat Jan 26 17:55:28 EST 2013

OK, how's this for 'excitement' :

Back around 1984 or so, at one of Corsa's events at Lime Rock, I took my
1962 "Lakewood" wagon 4-speed out for a spin at as close to full throttle as
I could dare.
(I think I scared the corner guards a bit?)

What added to the excitement was that I had a full set of Kelsey-Hayes wires
on her, adding how much 'unsprung weight' to the problem?

Needless to say it was fun, but the rear plowed so hard I think I scrubbed
the sidewalls right off!

That may not be the first, or only, time a Lakewood ran at the 'Rock, but
probably the only set of Kelsey-Hayes wires to run there?

My performance didn't help the mystique of the Corvair, but it was fun, but
I wish I had had my Corsa that day!

Charlie