<VV> '66 Monza 4spd Convertible Garage Find

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 23:29:53 EDT 2012

A 91 year old couple I met 24 years ago is selling their '66 Monza spd 110
convertible.  57K miles on the odometer.  Red with a black  interior.  As
soon as I can figure out how to attach the Snapfish photo  file I'll provide
photos.  It was a typical city car when I repaired the  engine as a favor (a
mechanic had adjusted the valves wrong and the push rods  and tubes were
bent) and I gave it a major tune-up in 1988.  Jack Dempsey  did a complete
clutch job on it after I got it running well.  The car was a  typical city car
back then with some dents caused by low speed bumps but no real  accident
damage.  It has since been repaired and given a generic paint  job.  The top
is in surprisingly good shape still and the rear window is  90% clear.  The
rockers and structural pieces were solid in 1988 and look  very solid still,
but I didn't spend any time on the floor because of all the  rat droppings.
I'd call it a rust free west coast car except it has spent  its life in a
garage in Washington, D.C.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair