<VV> ignition knocking on 66 Corsa Turbo

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 14:08:22 EDT 2012

Hello Ulli,
Here are a few suggestions. First, either use the tachometer or know  what
the engine sounds like at 3000 rpm. Connect a timing light to the #1 plug
and rev the engine to 3000 rpm (in neutral, hand brake set) and see what the
timing is. It should still be 24 deg BTDC. Then see what it is at 4000 rpm.
 Still should be 24 deg. Then see if you activate the centrifugal advance
at  speeds higher than 4000 (18 deg max at 4900 rpm). Use a dial-back timing
light  if necessary.
Let us know the results.

Also try reinstalling the points and see if that makes a difference.
You may not have a real turbo distributor.

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 3/25/2012 9:21:31 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,