<VV> swapping Caveman engine

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Mar 8 16:51:36 EST 2012

Hi Cliff,

There must be a reference of changes to do swaps, but perhaps not.  Here's my thumbnail:

 - Any basic Corvair engine will go in any Corvair.
 - The edge sheet metal shrouds and rear engine bracket need to match the body.  I don't know if the '60 parts are unique, but I'd guess so.  140s in earlies require trimming the side shrouds.
 - Bellhousing should match the crank and transmission types.
 - Exhaust is dependent on the body and the exhaust manifolds.  Some fiddling/fabrication may be required.
 - Air cleaner assemblies generally go with the engine, but may also require fiddling/fabrication.  '65 and earlier a/c installations require the twin air filters.
 - '60 requires the correct starter.

Other thoughts?

--Bryan