<VV> cardomain.com

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Mar 6 16:15:38 EST 2012

VVers:
> I was just checking out a website,www.cardomain.com  , and got over 200
> hits when I searched Corvair. Check it out:
>
> http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Chevrolet/Corvair/
Hee hee, I had forgotten about that website.

I discovered it several years ago and I did the same search Marc did.  I
was particularly surprised when I found that someone had gone to my
website (http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage), downloaded pictures of my
Corsa coupe, and posted them on cardomain.com *as being his own car*.
In the writeup, he was bragging about what a "sweet ride" he had.

At first I was amused, but that quickly changed over to annoyance.

I created a fake cardomain.com user account (under the name of famous
person who was involved in an accident in a Corvair) and I wrote to the
guy.  I told him I thought he had a great car and I asked if it was for
sale.  He told me no, and I kept pressing him and asking him to
reconsider.  I was hoping he'd tell me his phone number so we could
"negotiate" by phone.   Once I had his phone number, of course, I was
going to do something ultra-mature like look up the town where the phone
was located, and use the number to send 30 or so pineapple, mushroom,
and black olive pizzas (w/ extra anchovies) over to his house on a
Friday night.

It didn't come to pass, so I just reported him to the site and they took
down his entry.

Steven "has grown up since then" Serenska