<VV> ethanol problems

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Jun 4 18:52:44 EDT 2012

My '63 with early carbs is too rich so it runs pretty good with bad accelerator pumps but it won't hot start.  It it's fully warmed up.  It won't restart after the engine dies.  It starts fine cold because the chokes are on.  Needless to say I replace the cups when this starts happening.
Joel McGregor

From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org [virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Cliff Tibbitts [tibbitts at qx.net]
Subject: Re: <VV> ethanol problems

The other thought that jumped out at me was why not just remove the leather
cup entirely?  He would not have the benefit of the extra fuel on a hard
acceleration and might stumble a bit off the line, but if it is a nearly
stock 64, my guess is he probably isn't driving it that hard anyway.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY