<VV> Auto Parts Stores - non-Corvair, but uplifting, tools!

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 30 06:30:11 EST 2012

Not that I ever need an excuse to buy a neat tool but, Seth's story reminded
me of my latest tool purchase.
>From time to time I need to make a small gasket or punch a small hole in
some material. I have a set of the Asian persuasion Harbor Fright made hole
punches that usually bend on the first use even in paper!
I went online and searched out some good quality American made punches. I
found and bought an 11 pc set, part no. 66008 marketed under the Mayhew
Tools name, a company that originated in 1856 in a town called Shelburne
Falls, Mass. That place sounds familiar but I can't quite place it......GG!
I searched several sites to get the best price which was around $100 bucks
but, I felt it was worth it after recieving and trying the tool. The cool
part is you can install two different size punches on the mandrel and make a
perfectly concentric gasket! Very good quality but as I read on the tool, it
is made in France! That was different but, as I said, very high quality.
They make larger sets of the same tool but the one I bought goes from 1/8"
to 3/4".
I used this site:
http://www.allstategasket.com/info_gasket-tools-punch01.asp
No FLAPS were harangued, demeaned, cussed, despoiled, occupied or slandered
in this Email.

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com