<VV> hot motor oil

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jan 6 00:02:41 EST 2012

tests show that the strands in synthetics do not break down in
use like the Dino oils do. there are tests where engines in new York
cabs, which are rarely turned off, go 150,000 or more and never change
the full synthetic oil, just filter changes and a top off. Google them
and read! Mark Durham

No question Syns are superior... I've never doubted that....   just not necessary in our 1950's  design...

The question was about viscosity...  Ken  relates what says that 10w40  syn is THINNER  at temp?

Why he used  so much compared to Dino 10w40

Nothing about longevity or  lube qualities...  we know those are superior.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages