<VV> Re-setting Odometer

Leland Garland lgarland1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 01:47:38 EDT 2012

I am working on completing the build of a '65 Monza coupe and would like to reset the odometer of the Corsa instrument panel that I will be installing back to zero.  I don't know if this is legal or not but my reason for wanting to do this is this:  The engine is a turbo 180 that I purchased from a Corvair vendor in Phoenix (not Charlie) and which I have completely rebuilt.  The transaxle if a '66 4speed I bought  from the same vendor several years later.  The body is a shell that I bought a couple of years ago and the suspension (front and rear) is off a Corvair that my wife wrecked back in the '70's.  I also have purchased a telescopic steering column and box and the Corsa instrument panel from individuals.  I just think it would be great to have the odometer set to zero to record the birth of this Frankenstein of a car.

So my question is, assuming it's legal, how does one reset the odometer or is it even possible? I'll appreciate any advice you all may be able to provide.

Leland L Garland
'65 Monza coupe
Phoenix AZ