<VV> and other corvair stories

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Sep 22 18:37:36 EDT 2011

On 9/22/2011 5:09 PM, Joel McGregor wrote:

> A friend of mine had a cop tell him "speeding won't get you there any faster".

True.

I drove a PG Greenbrier for decades, starting in high school, continuing
through college, and deep into my supposedly "adult" years.  So slow a
friend's stick-shift 1969 VW bus out-dragged it.  But, thanks to traffic
density, red lights, and other real-world factors, I got places just as
fast as my friends in high-performance cars.

The Greenbrier taught me conservation of momentum, a valuable skill when
driving low-power vehicles.  And the Greenbrier's high vantage point,
long before SUVs began clogging the roads, taught me how to read traffic.

Today I drive an automatic-equipped PT Cruiser, also a low-power car.  I
can always get there in the same amount of time as anyone else, and
often sooner.