<VV> Pulling Carb Tops Vs

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Sep 18 13:07:56 EDT 2011

At 10:22 PM 9/16/2011, Ramon Rodriguez III wrote:
>I appreciate this thread, it never occurred to me at all to do it that way.
>Just have to be careful not to drop anything down the throat of the carb
>which I'm quite good at.

Magnet rod.   Got a couple of 'em.  That, and being careful to just
not drop anything down the carb.

Even so, unless the carb throttle is knocked open, whatever may drop
down the carb will just sit on the butterfly valve waiting to be
reclaimed.  If the carb is off the intake log and something is
dropped into the intake, it can get really interesting when you try
to retrieve the errant article.   In worst case situations, I picture
visions of either having to yank the head, or turn the engine
upside-down and shake...

tony..