<VV> Gas Tank "Sender" Unit

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 15 14:23:01 EDT 2011

A couple years ago the Gas tank sender on my 65 Monza was leaking.
This was approximately a 8 year old sender and tank.
Thought the rubber gasket was leaking. Fought with it several times to
install a new gsket before buying the tool to install it properly.
Still leaked!
Ordered a new sending unit and gasket and that solved the problem.
After I changed the unit though, I found the leak......
The plastic nut on the sender lead loosened for some reason, and that's
where the leak was.

Where you would least expect it to leak.

Gary Swiatowy

On 5/15/2011 7:30 AM, Byron Comp wrote:
> I've discovered a leak at the gas tank's sender unit on my '64 Monza. I
replaced all the internal stuff there early-on in the project, but as I've
begun filling the tank two gal at a time, it started leaking. Is there
something I can try to stop the leak from the outside or do I have to go
back inside? Thanks for any advice.