<VV> Removing a windshield

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jun 9 14:54:52 EDT 2011

I've only removed a few EM windshields, but I had no intention of
re-using the gasket.   NEITHER SHOULD YOU!

Not because I'm in the business of selling windshield gaskets, but
because re-using one can not only cause you leak problems down the road
(rubber made in 2011 is ULTRA superior to anything made even 10 years
ago), but if you're removing it to paint the car, the old gasket will
look crappy on a new paint job----

To those who say "I've been re-using EM gaskets for decades", I say Good
for You----BITE ME KINDLY.

Remember the definition of Genius:  "Someone who saves himself much
time, trouble, money and aggravation BY DOING THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST
TIME".

Hank