<VV> My Corvair Stopped. Why?

Larry Claypool vairshop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 16 10:14:02 EDT 2011

Simple deduction my dear mr. marlow.
 You have fuel, we know the *can* run, so you must be lacking volts. Since
it runs in the crank position, we know the points and such are ok.
 The problem is likely the resistance wire that feeds the coil. This is in
the engine harness and runs from the main connector plug to about the left
taillight, then turns around and goes back to the 2 wire starter plug. Look
for anyplace the wiring harness may be rubbing something (like the left
secondary), or any signs of the tape melting . either there is an open in
the wire (rare) , it's grounding on something, or the connection at the main
the main plug is making good contact.
lc