<VV> The demise of the American Car - Limited Corvair

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:38:20 EST 2011

I grew up with a Gremlin in the garage my father had bought new for my
mother.  It made several trips from NJ to Florida and back and served as a
daily driver for about 15 years before getting t-boned by a LOADED tri-axle
dump truck with my father and I (about age 9 I think) in it.  Neither of us
suffered any injuries other than a couple bruises.  Ours had the 6 cylinder
engine but it was an "X".  My father (a career auto technician and garage
owner) thought highly enough of it to buy a second one used in the early
80's, so for a while we had two in the garage.

Dad has many times mentioned the troubles with the Vega engine, rushed to
production before the technology was perfected.

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA