<VV> Resistor wire or not?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Aug 29 15:48:03 EDT 2011

Correct.  The bottom line is the Pertronix was made to run on 12V, but the coils come in both 8V and 12V versions (stock is a 8V).  For a stock coil installation, it's really better to run another wire for the Ignitor to get 12V, but most people find they work 'ok' with 8V.

--Bryan

On Aug 29, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Mark Durham wrote:

> And I believe you should replace the 6 volt coil with a 12 volt coil
> if you do this. Right guys?
> Mark Durham
>
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM,  <corvairs at pacifier.com> wrote:
>> It's also the wire with the white cloth covering.
>>
>> Lon
>> www.corvairunderground.com
>>

>>> It's inside the engine wiring harness. Cream colored wire with a red
>>> (brown)
>>> tracer, if I remember.
>>> This wire is at the third pin at the engine/body connector, and goes to
>>> the
>>> yellow/blk (or blk/yel) lead on the starter two pin connector. Short the