<VV> Rear bumper temperature

cdavies4 at cfl.rr.com cdavies4 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Apr 5 17:06:05 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just recently got my 64 convertible back on the road.  I have watched this list for a few days and am glad to know there is a wealth of knowledge out there regarding Corvairs.

I hope as time goes by and as I get deeper into my car, I'll be able to share my experiences and knowledge as well.

My son was visiting and we took the Vair out for a spin last night and after pulling into the garage my son said, "Wow this bumper is really hot!".  I reached down and touched it and he was right.  You couldn't hold a hand on it for more than a couple seconds.  Very hot to the touch.  This doesn't seem normal.  I don't seem to remember this being the case the last time I had it running (2002).  I looked at the dampers and they were open, at least 90%.  They could have been directing some of the heat upward toward the bumper.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Charlie Davies
64 Monza cvt.