<VV> make Corvairs less "aromatic"

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 18:16:41 EDT 2010

                                                                           B"H

Tim:  The answer is twofold:

1.  The Corvair is somewhat noisier than I anticipated it would be.  At some
point, the car's exhaust got sort of rumbing sound, nice if you're into muscle
cars, but I prefer the quiet purr of a well-tuned and smooth engine.  After
visiting an exhaust shop, the tech suggested I add a cat to the exhaust system
to get a quieter exhaust tone.

2.  Any non-catalyst exhaust smells.  We don't realize now far we've come, but
cars built before 1974 all smelled the same, but after cats were put on cars,
the exhaust had a very different smell.  Anyway, my wife was so grossed out by
the old-car exhaust smell that I had no choice.  And to tell the truth, the
non-catalyst exhaust DOES stink...

Bill