<VV> Corvair engine perimeter seal installation?

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 15 22:13:50 EST 2010

I assume this is a Late Model since you used the singular - seal.

I attach to the body first.  Straight(ish) metal retainer pieces to hold it
go in first and the corner pieces last.  Note that no two corner pieces are
the same.  The side with the wire spring inside goes downward and later
attaches (slips on - with some help) to the upward facing lip on the engine
shrouding.  The "seam" should be at the back of the car - roughly in line
with the oil filter.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110