<VV> Chapter member - where?

Robby vintagevwbeetles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 17:49:31 EDT 2010

My idea of joining a chapter isn't for the newsletter or the listing of
events the chapter may have but it is about the ability to form friendships
within the Corvair community.  My nearest chapter is 90 miles away.  That
measn for me to attend a meeting (or any event they have), I have to leave
90-120 minutes prior to the event and get home 90-120 minutes after it is
over with.  So for example I attend a chapter meeting that begins at 7PM, i
have to leave my house around 5 (to ensure I don't have traffic issues) and
if the meeting lasts until 8:30PM, it is near 10:30 before I get home.  So
in reality I have spent 5 1/2 hours to attend a meeting not to mention the
cost of fuel to go, etc.  In my personal opinion, it isn't worth it.  And if
I were "forced" to join, I would simply drop my CORSA membership.  Afterall,
the same theory applies to the chapter as to the national, if I can't find
value in it, I won't send my dues.

Robby