<VV> 100 Amp Alternator Option/Idle charging

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 13:31:47 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/29/2010 10:26:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Hi  Bob,

Just to clarify - for any newbie reading - you have swapped the  Corvair
front housing, and fan/pulley onto the higher output alternator,  right?
It
is important to use the correct fan.

Later,  JR

Another, semi-ignorant question. Is the rotating portion of the alternator
- the shaft/rotor - any heavier in the larger amp models - like the 47, 55
and  63 amp units, than in the standard Corvair 37 amp alternator? I am
thinking rotating weight here. I know there are smaller alternators in the
aftermarket.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA