<VV> stalling issue

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Wed Jul 21 15:33:35 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Kirkus" <libertynow at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: <VV> stalling issue

> 1966 140. Starts right up. Idles fine. Revs up well and maintains speeds
> at 55 and 60 mph. Depress the clutch and car stalls; every time.
Well, here is one oldy but goody::

you have the throttle blade at low stop stopping against the linkage, not
the idle stop screw(s for 2 carbs ) .   thus a moving target, and when you
slap the linkage closed, it allows the blade(s) to fully close and thus kill
the engine.

Couldnt happen, right ??   If it happens to you, do like I do and never
admit to it.  (g).

just a thought... ken campbell, deltawerkes