<VV> Flat six at Indy?OT Turbine car

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 14:59:14 EST 2010

> From: rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com
> Subject: Re: <VV> Flat six at Indy?

> And speaking of turbines, who can forget the 1963 Chrysler Turbine concept car? The simplicity of the turbine meant fewer parts which implied less maintenance. So why wasn't brought to market?
>
> Oh, I guess I answered my own question.
>
> Rodney

Ever seen the 1964 movie "The Lively Set".
a remake of the 1954 film "Johnny Dark". The Lively Set featured the Chrysler Turbine car, and turbines in general. One of my favorite films.
The History Channel has a video available on the Chrysler Turbine car and its history, including its sad destruction when it was scrapped. That film is also on the internet....a tear jerker.

Gary Swiatowy
Has an original dealer promo, and sales brochur for the Turbine car