<VV> Pointless Answers

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sun Apr 25 10:02:34 EDT 2010

Why do folks persist in giving pointless "answers" to legitimate technical questions?

For instance, when the question asks what the difference is between early and late powerglide transmissions, the answer should specifically address the differences, not say something like, "Gee, I don't know", or "I think the answer is in Bob's book", or "I have used both and have not noticed a difference."

Folks, if you don't know the answer to a question and don't want to bother to look it up, why not just stay silent?

Bill Hubbell