<VV> Convention Schedule

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Fri Apr 9 12:37:52 EDT 2010

All:  Reality check.  This thread, now becoming strong enough to strangle,
started not about the "Major Events" scheduling, if I may use that term
without diminishing anyone's favorite event or meeting.  The issue began
about the meetings seemingly stacked concurrently so those with broad
interest cannot attend them all.

So, please get back to the topic of the meetings.  If you don't like the
meetings schedule, create an alternate one and send to Harry and the
convention people.  Don't whine, do something...useful.

And please understand, I haven't viewed the schedule to determine if I have
any scheduling conflicts.  It is much to early to consider such things.
I'll deal with what will be in two months in two months.  I'll let some of
you deal with what, in your opinion, could/should/ought to be.

I deal with scheduling conflicts over attending my really important grand
kids events all the time.  I've yet to figure out how to be two hours apart
at the same time.  So this is the smallest of issues for me.  Because I do
not have the same broad interest as some of you, I'll probably bring one of
the many unread books I have and just hang out in a comfortable seat in the
lobby and let you try and find me if you are so inclined.

Personally, I like the sequence of the "Major Events".  But I can see the
Concours only people being PO at having to hang around a couple days to get
their trophies.  Just like the autocrossers who attend the non-convention
autocross/track day on the Sunday before the festivities begin have to hang
around to run their event and get their trophies.  But I prefer to think of
it as hanging out together rather than reluctantly hanging around.

Historically Yours,
			James Rice

PS:  Mark:  I think they scheduled meetings on top of each other
specifically to cause you heart burn.  You are so much fun to watch when you
have heart burn.  VBG!!!